Thursday, May 14, 2020

Crochet JiaoZhi or Gyoza (basically a dumpling) - with link to pattern


Hubby has been working really hard this week and he's seen some grim scenes at the hospital which has worn him down.  I know there's a real sense of the curve flattening in most countries but the situation in hospitals are still very serious.  There's not much I can do to help with the crisis on the front lines but I have hook and can crochet!  So will continue my "leave crochet food in hospital pantry to see if anyone notices" campaign. 



I managed to find a bamboo steamer and put my Xiao Long Baos in it.  Thing is, the steamer had two levels, so I decided to make some Jiao Zhis too.  Also pork filled deliciousness but pan fried or steamed and these often have a bit of veg in them.  Both very popular dim sum dishes and hopefully another fun surprise for hubby's colleauges.  


Pattern

If you fancy making some I got the pattern from genuinemudpie, she also has a pattern for soy sauce so definitely go check them out! I made mine smaller so I did a magic ring and 6 sts start and reduced the edging to 2hdc rather than 3.  

I also gave them silly looking faces so they're either grimacing or smiling in a serial-killer-at-the-weekends kinda way.  
For the final touch I put a bit of makeup on their cheeks (I literally used a bit of foundation) so they look pan-kissed and slightly sizzled. 


For the ones I did in cream yarn I gave them pink cheeks. 


Ingredients 

Same as the Xiao Long Baos I used: 
  • Crown 4-ply acrylic yarn in white/cream;
  • Pink and Brown embroidery thread;
  • Polyester filling;
  • 3mm eyes and 
  • brooch pin.

Will put a few on my Etsy shop too if anyone fancies some for brunch x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisy in the Corner Crochet Cushion - link to video tutorial

Can you spot the cat? :)  Mercerized cotton is the BEST yarn for cushions.  That added sheen and protection means the stitches do not pile o...