Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Faye's Katze


Katze getting her hair & makeup done

Our next-door neighbour and friends are animal lovers, especially cats. So when I offered to make their daughter a toy, a cute girly cat was suggested and Katze (as little Faye calls her) was born.

I used organic milk cotton for the body and cotton threads for the finishing touches. Faye was only about 1 year old when she met Katze so I chose baby friendly cotton that is soft and won't fluff, as well as sewn-on eyes over beads. I only stuffed her moderately full as I wanted her to be very soft and cuddly. It does mean I may have to give Katze a bit of servicing later on but I think the result is worth it. Her dress is elasticated with a Velcro fastening on the back to allow for changes of clothes.

I was a little nervous at how Katze would be received, she was the first toy I made for a toddler who would, I'm sure, have made her disgust clear if she didn't like it. Luckily Faye loved Katze. She gave her a cuddle straight away and Katze is now her constant companion, with dolly making a close second in her affections.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely kitty ^^
    I love your blog and your amigurumis, they all are so cute so I'm gonna stay here ^^
    I have a blog too and I would like to invite you to know it :)
    Kisses and have a nice day =^.^=

    http://artefriki.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Daisy in the Corner Crochet Cushion - link to video tutorial

Can you spot the cat? :)  Mercerized cotton is the BEST yarn for cushions.  That added sheen and protection means the stitches do not pile o...