Friday, January 23, 2015

Addendum to Princess Leia Blankie Pattern

I have a MASSIVE ADDENDUM to my previous post for the Princess Leia Pattern.  It looks the same as the rebel version of the very talented Briana Olsen's Pretty Princess Lovely.  Needless to say I had no idea before I wrote my pattern.


I was inspired to write my own pattern for a princess blankie from AlaSascha's Amigurumi Pattern, the pictures of which I found on Pinterest.  Let me clarify that I have not read either Briana's nor AlaSascha's patterns.  My pattern was an entirely personal creation.


My first attempt was given to my daughter :


And since I'm on a bit of a Star Wars theme recently (check out my star wars Kewpie figures), I wanted to make a Leia Blankie:


I chose a different shape for the head and made the skirt fuller to distinguish mine from AlaSascha's, only to look like Briana's Princesses...

My pattern is smaller and I'm sure the stitch count will be different but I'd like to amend my pattern anyway so I won't look like a total copycat...


To be honest I am not sure what the etiquette is when crocheters create similar designs... Linking back I hope will be sufficient.

So here's the link again: Briana's Lovely Princesses.  I couldn't find a blog for her but if you're reading and you know her details please comment below.  Please check out her stuff, they look super cute.  I have written alteration notes on making Leia look like Cinderella and Snow White.  Luckily they don't look anything like Briana's!  So please check out that post (here).




2 comments:

  1. Księżniczki są piękne i kochane, ja zrobię księżniczkę dla mojej wnusi.
    Pozdrawiam
    serdecznie
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both patterns and pretty sure Briana's is a 12 point star, though I haven't read hers yet. Here is the link to her blog if you or any other reader's would like it. http://www.bowtykes.com

    ReplyDelete